Sunday, July 8, 2007

Jack splits - Jack's version

Howdy!

So, you may be wondering why I am writing to you at 4:30 in the morning (or maybe not), but I have had an interesting evening. Before we go any farther though, let me just say that everything is OK.

This evening, I was just sitting around doing a few things on the computerwhile watching a movie. By the time I was ready to go to bed, it was 2:30 AM. As I am going into my bedroom, I decide that I need a drink of water (Mistake #1). I walk out of the room and into the hallway. It is pitch black. I decide that I should turn on a light, but figure I should not turn on the hall light as it might disturb my sleeping roommate(sp?) (Mistake #2). I then decide to turn on the light in the foyer, but half way there decide I will just wait until I get to the living room to turn on a light (Mistake #3). As I change my route I remember that there is a pillar somewhere in this room so I put my hand out to feel around for it. I start to raise my hand, but I am a split second too late. I know this because my face runs directly into the corner of the pillar. I feel the impact from my forehead to my upper lip. I immediately lean forward and start trying to figure out if I have busted my lip, which I have. As I am doing this though, I feel something running down my forehead. I put my hand up to wipe it away and see that my hand has blood on it. I then go to the bathroom to grab some toilet paper to stop the bleeding. When I get there, I notice that I have a fairly large gash in my forehead. "Great , this is going to require stitches!" I think to myself.

After holding the toilet paper to my forehead long enough to stop the majority of the bleeding, I call you mom and wake her up. I explain the situation to her and ask her to see if she thinks I need stitches. I go over to your house and we decide I should get it looked at. Off o the Emergency Room we go (at a snail's pace by the way). I am really not that worried about it because most of the bleeding has stopped, and I really feel like an idiot.

We get to the Emergency Room and get all the paperwork filled out. They call me back to a room fairly quickly and a couple of nurses come in to ask a bunch of questions. One of these questions is " When was the last time you had a Tetnus shot?" to which I reply, "I don't know!?" "Well you're getting one today," says the nurse.

The doctor finally comes in and decides I don't need stitches, I just need a little super glue. He said that because the cut was in such a straight line and there were no jagged edges, we could use glue instead of stitches.They fixed me up and sent me on my way. It looks like I am going to have a pretty nice scar going halfway between my nose and my right eye. Like I said, everything is OK, but it sure made for an exciting evening/morning.

I hope you are still enjoying your time in China. I will try to send some pictures of the cut when I get a chance. We have pre and post Emergency Room pictures.

I love you so much, and I can't wait to talk to you again.

Love,

Jack

0 comments: