Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My REAL boy-toy

Tonight Jack called me, extremely amused, to tell me a story about one of his Tiny Tigers (4-6 year old taekwondo students). Apparently, the little boy’s mom told Jack that her son had asked for a “Mr. Hornbuckle” toy for Christmas.

“A ‘Mr. Hornbuckle’ toy?’” the mother asked. “What’s a Mr. Hornbuckle toy?”

“You know,” the little boy explained, “A toy that looks just like Mr. Hornbuckle and talks.”

Jack told the mom to go ahead and get two if she found them, because he’s going to want one too.

Although I’m pretty sure this is the first request for a Jack Hornbuckle action figure, this isn’t the first time “Mr. Hornbuckle” came up in toy-land. A few weeks ago, Kai, another of Jack’s Tigers, built a bear (actually, built a dog), and when it was time to name it, he called it “Mr. Hornbuckle.” The next day, Kai was also calling it “Nurdle,” so I guess it was “Nurdle Hornbuckle.” Jack’s best man, Dave, was wildly amused and tried to convince us to name our first child that.

But I digress.

I got to thinking about this talking “Mr. Hornbuckle” doll, and what it would say when you pulled the string. Here’s what I came up with:

“Stop taking my food! I don’t share food!”

“CLEEEEEEEEEEETUUUUUUUS!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Cheriup Kinyay” (No, I don’t know how to spell that)

“Does that make sense?” (That one’s for you, Kristen and Matthew)

“I just want it done a certain way!”

“I’m hungry… and you make sandwiches SO much better than I do…”

“MUCHOOOOO!”

“I’m tired.”

“I signed somebody else up today!”

“One time, when we were in the corps…”

“Many much mostester!”


Yep, I’m pretty sure it would be a popular toy, at least for the kids at the taekwondo school. I’m thinking about getting them made and selling them at the school. I think I could do pretty well.

0 comments: