Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Nacogdoches Dinner Party

Last night, we went to a friend of Jack's parents' for a dinner party, and let's just say that a 55-year-old Nacogdoches dinner conversation is quite a bit different from a 25-year-old Dallas dinner party.

"That was pretty good catfish."

"What did you say? My right ear doesn't hear so good."

"Really? It's my left ear."

"You know, my left ear is pretty bad too."

"Man, both ears are really going."

"What!?"

[Mandy is squirming from laughing at the old people when she shouldn't; Jack is elbowing her in the ribs]

"Hey, have you ever heard of that 'youtube' thing?"

"No, what's a 'youtube?'"

"Trish, go show Ronnie youtube."

"What's 'youtube?'"

"I don't know how it works, but I think they use magic to put moving pictures on the computer screen..."


"Trish, go show Ronnie youtube."

"Come on Ronnie, I'm going to show you Barry White."

"I thought you were going to show me youtube."

"Barry White on youtube."

"Wait... what's youtube again?"

"What?! I can't hear you. My left ear doesn't hear so good, you know."

Other East-Texas phrases I learned:

"I guaran-damn-tee it"

"He'll be on you like stink on s***"

"She'll kick your a** up one side and down the other and still be doing dishes with the other hand."

0 comments: