Friday, June 13, 2008

Roto Rooter = Crap

I should have known better; they've done this to us before.

They were scheduled for 12-2 this afternoon.

They called at 1:30.

"Mrs. Hornbuckle? Our technician is running an hour to an hour and a half late. Will that be okay?" the lady on the other end of the telephone asked, nonchalantly.

"No, that will not be okay. My husband has to leave for work at 3," I replied; no, I snapped.

"Well, what time does your husband get off work?"

"Well, he doesn't get off until about 7, but I'll be there by 5. Can they be there by 5?"

"Yes, they'll be there right at 5."

6:30 came. I called them back.

"I will no longer be needing your services," I told them. "I'll be calling someone else who actually can make a 2-hour window and give them my money, thanks."

0 comments: