Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Coincidences

The more experiences I have, the more I am impressed at the way God perfectly orchestrates every aspect of our lives. Sometimes it takes years to become clear what God is doing, but He's always doing it.

This week, one of my good friends and co-workers, Andy, told us he was leaving us to pursue another job at his church. He's been here for 8 years, and he's one of the smartest guys I know.

Later, I was discussing the upcoming change with another co-worker, Joel. Joel mentioned that it would be harder without Andy, but they would have never been able to handle his leaving without me there, because nobody would be left to assemble the English programs.

This isn't the first time I've heard that my filling this position is "an answered prayer" from a co-worker; they had been looking for somebody to fill the position I'm in for a very long time, and I had been looking for a job for what felt like a long time. This was the perfect job, and the timing also worked out perfectly.

When I originally applied here, I was applying for a different job, a project coordinator position. The lady who was interviewing me looked at all the experience I had in audio and asked me if I had seen the posting for a Spanish Broadcast Editor. I had, but one of the requirements was being bilingual. As it turned out, the day before my interview for the other position, they had removed that requirement, and as a result I was qualified for the Broadcast Editor position, which was exactly what I was looking for.

God provided me a job and at the same time provided the ministry with some more help with the English when half the staff was in Israel, provided Joel (finally) with some much needed help with the Spanish broadcasts (he'd been the only one working on them for years), and then provided Andy with the opportunity to leave and pursue something else he thought God wanted him to do without having to worry about us.

So many things in my life have just sort of "worked out," and there's not a doubt in my mind that they have been entirely arranged, rather than simply happening by chance.

I'm glad that there is a God who cares enough about us to create a perfect plan for us. Everything is calculated and planned; everything is set into motion. There are no coincidences.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN