Thursday, July 31, 2008

A few movie reviews...

I just remembered this morning when I saw Angela's blog that we watched a ton of movies this weekend because of Jack's wisdom teeth, so here are my reviews, for what they're worth:

10,000 B.C. - Right down there with Indiana Jones. Not much of a plot. Blah.

21 - AWESOME!!! Worth buying.

Definately, Maybe - Very cute. Worth renting.

Jumper - Not so good - I know how this sounds, but it wasn't realistic enough for me. Sci-Fi even needs to have some realistic parts. Oh, and the girl was annoying. Nothing but trouble. Just like a girl.

Fun with Dick and Jane - Depressing. And not as funny as I thought it'd be.

1 comments:

Greg said...

"I know how this sounds, but it wasn't realistic enough for me. Sci-Fi even needs to have some realistic parts."

Makes sense to me... SciFi movies don't need to be grounded in the same reality we face each day, but - like any fantasy story - they need to establish their own reality/rules and then abide by them. A LOT of SciFi flicks forget this fact.

A movie can get plenty wild and farfetched, as long as it sticks to it's own internal rules.