Friday, September 26, 2008

AWANA go back next week too!!

This year, I decided to be an AWANA leader, which I’ve wanted to do for years but couldn’t commit to until now. I have a group of about eight 3-4th grade girls, and they’re completely sweet and I already adore them. Here are a few things they said Wednesday night that amused me:

Little girl: “How old are you?”
Me: “I’m 22.”
Little girl: “Oh, so you’re not married then.”
Me: “Actually I am… How old are you supposed to be before you can get married?”
Little girl: [Ponders] “I guess 20.”
Me: “Whew! Because I got married when I was 22.”

--

Girls in group: “Where were you last week?”
Me: “I had to go to a funeral because my grandmother died.”
Girls in group look at me with sad little eyes.
Me: [Inserting teachable Christian moment here] “But the good news is that she had accepted Christ as her savior and so we’ll see her again in heaven someday!”
Girls: Yaaaay!! [Girls begin to celebrate, and one of them gives me a high-five]

--

Girls, while walking up the outside staircase instead of going inside from the first floor then walking up the inside stairs after game time: “Come on guys! Let’s go up the SECRET stairs!”

…Secret stairs? Because nobody else can see them but us?

0 comments: