Wednesday, September 24, 2008

If people were meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters.

Last night, when Jack came to bed sometime after 1 a.m., he noticed that I was sleeping in the middle of the bed and didn’t move when he went into the bathroom and turned on the light to brush his teeth. I usually wake up just enough to roll over when he comes to bed.

“That’s odd,” he thought, and began to brush his teeth.

When he had finished, he walked back into the bedroom. I hadn’t moved. He tried to wake me so I would roll over and give him some room, but I wouldn’t wake.

Finally, he just pushed me over to my side of the bed. I remained limp.

Concerned, Jack began to watch my chest for a sign that I was breathing. No rise and fall. He put his hand on my chest, and still felt no rise and fall.

Beginning to panic, Jack put his ear to my mouth, listening for any sign of life at all. After a few agonizing seconds, he finally heard me breathing softly.

It’s been a stressful few weeks at work, and I was tired. I may be a heavy sleeper, but at least I don’t snore!

5 comments:

didlake said...

That's a hilarious story! Poor guy! Just wanted a place to sleep - and found a corpse instead.

Meagan White said...

That is so funny! Kevin would have freaked out too, anyone would have!

Shane said...

I don't want to hear about Jack putting his hand on your chest in bed.

Amanda said...

ha ha! Brandon told me one morning that I had stolen all of the covers, so he tried to take some back. Apparently, I was clutching on to them for dear life and wasn't letting go, or waking up. Dispite his efforts of shoving me over and yanking on the sheets, he gave up and just slept cold.

Mandy and Jack said...

Ahh yes, I'm an alleged "cover stealer" as well. Although I maintain that if one partner insists on having the fan on at night the other partner is entitled to most of the covers when he or she (she) is cold!

And Didlake, you made Jack and I both laugh very hard.