Monday, November 10, 2008

"Not Me" Monday!

I did not spend way too much money this weekend at Target and Lowes, buying power tools, paint stuff, CDs, DVDs, and other random stuff.

I have not cleaned my new kitchen floor many, many times because I like the way it looks all shiny and clean.

I wasn’t secretly a little glad the dog peed on our pile of clean clothes because Jack was re-washing them and hanging them up for me all weekend.

I didn’t let my husband and father-in-law do all the work on the kitchen floor, and then put in the last piece as if I deserved the honor.

I’m not listening to Christmas music and drinking from my Christmas mug right now. It’s not even Thanksgiving yet!

I did not use a razor blade to chip all the paint off my window seat instead of sanding it down. That would be potentially hard on the wood!

I didn’t watch the Fist Foot way, the worst movie ever made, on Saturday night. (Actually, except for the first 30 minutes or so, I really didn’t, because I went to sleep. Thank goodness for that.)

I’m not completely bored with politics to the point of not caring what’s going on in Washington anymore.

I’m not having love affairs with McKmama’s and Meagan’s blogs.

I did not tip almost 50% on an eyebrow wax just to make it a nice even number, because, like Meagan, I’m not OCD and neurotic. I don’t do that every single time I go, and I did not get reprimanded from my husband for it.

Jack and I did not decide yesterday to plan a big fancy Christmas party in a burst of motivatedness and Christmas spirit, then today lose heart and debate whether we should really do it because it’s going to be a lot of work.

I’m not spending entirely too much on my Christmas cards this year because I felt like making them would be fun (which it is, fun, that is).

I’m never mad at my husband for staying up late and playing video games instead of coming to bed with me, even if he’s not tired and he doesn’t have to get up until 10 a.m. the next morning.

I never resent Jack for sleeping in when I have to get up.

And I do not have a blogging obsession!

What have you not done today? ;-)

5 comments:

He And Me + 3 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your list was great. I love target too and I have an obsession with blogging as well. I to have OCD...well sortof.

Liz said...

Thanks for visiting my blog..I love Meagan's blog too--so funny! Let me just tell you that he will probably never outgrow the video game thing...My husband was exhausted from playing guitar hero til who knows when Friday night..and he is 36 and has 4 children!.....
I will be cheering extra hard for your aggies to beat Texas on the 27th...we need your help up here in Oklahoma!

Mandy and Jack said...

Haha, well don't get your hopes up too high, Liz!! ;-)

Amanda said...

ha ha! Maggie, pee on your clothes, who'd have thunk? silly puppy! Brandon is currently playing video games right now instead of coming to bed, so I feel you on that one! Oh that and we were listening to Christmas music while doing laundry the other day. I don't have a special mug though...

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

I always spend too much at target. The cashiers {do not} greet me by name when I come in!!!