Friday, November 14, 2008

I finally watched it!

...and it was wonderful. Even better watching it with a sweet, wonderful friend. 

The Highlights:
  1.  Taylor rocked. Too bad the audio was off (banjo and cymbal were getting through loud and clear, though... blah). The whole show had huge audio problems. Sarah and I were pretty sad about that, being audio people ourselves who could OF COURSE run the whole thing perfectly (ha).
  2. Oh my goodness... they had Reba's mic off for half her performance with Brooks and Dunn (YOU DON'T FORGET TO TURN ON REBA'S MIC!!!)
  3. Kid Rock does not belong at the CMAs.  Kid Rock does not belong at the CMAs. Kid Rock does not belong at the CMAs. Kid Rock does not belong at the CMAs. Kid Rock does not belong at the CMAs. Kid Rock does not belong at the CMAs. 
  4. Sugarland's new song (AND JENNIFER'S OUTFIT!) was weird.
  5. I liked that Miranda played on stage with just her guitar. It was pure and simple and showed her raw talent.
  6. George Strait. Greatness. The end.
  7. Carrie - 8 DRESSES. 8 different dresses in 3 hours. Wow. That's all, just wow.
  8. Anybody else think it's interesting that the two hosts won best male and best female artists?
I will leave you with Taylor Swift on the CMAs:

"You know, last night made me feel really great about being a country music fan in general. Country music is the place to find reality in music, and reality in the stars who make that music. There's kindness and goodness and....honesty in the people I look up to, and knowing that makes me smile. I'm proud to sing country music, and that has never wavered. The reason for the being.. nights like last night." Source: Taylor's blog

0 comments: