Friday, November 7, 2008

It's new wood floor day!

Jack's parents are here and today and tomorrow, Jack and his dad (and me, if needed, but so far I've just cleaned the kitchen and made some cinnamon rolls) are putting in our new hardwood floors in our kitchen! We're so very excited to replace (actually...we're just putting the wood floors over) the 18-year-old lenolium.

This was the conversation just a minute ago...

I was in the kitchen, and Jack had gone to the back of the house for something. Jack's dad was outside cutting a peice of the hardwood.

"Jack?" his dad yelled.

Nothing.
"Hey Jack??" his dad yelled.

I heard him and went outside.

"Jack's not here right now, what can I help you with?" I asked.

"Oh, I was just going to show him how to put the blade on his new Skil Saw," he replied.

"Oh, okay," I said. "JAAAAACK!" I yelled.

"I'm here," he said, walking outside.

"Oh. Okay. Your dad wants to teach you things," I told him.

He goes outside and I go back to the kitchen.

30 seconds later, he comes back in.

"I broke my saw," he said.

"You broke your saw?" I asked "with what?"

"A hammer," he replied.

I guess we still have some things to learn about power tools here at the new Hornbuckle house.

0 comments: