Monday, November 17, 2008

Not Me Monday!

It's "Not Me" Monday! Check out McKmama's blog at www.mycharmingkids.net (and read about baby Stellan, my favorite Mckmiracle!!)

Jack and I did not spend about $200 between us on Christmas gifts and decorations this weekend.

I was not super-excited that Jack's friend needed a place to stay Saturday night because I wanted to use my guest room.

I was not afraid of a 7-week-old baby when I held her. What could she possibly do to me?

Oh yeah, and I did not call a 7-week-old baby "it," as in "Aww! It's so small!" and did not get corrected by her dad: "She. She's so small."

I did not try to get out of going to Jack's tournament on Saturday morning because I didn't want to get up for it or pay the $5 to get in the door. (It didn't work... I still went. But I'm glad I did.)

I was not glad about the Cowboys winning only because I knew it would mean my husband would be in a good mood.

I am not annoyed that my husband must not only watch every second of the Cowboys game LIVE (we have a DVR!! Pause it for a second, for crying out loud!), but also the Out of Bounds hour-long recap afterwards.

I'm not at all excited about my new wood floors or valences in the kitchen. I don't want to look at them all the time. I also don't want to rip out all the wall paper, texturize the walls, and paint all the trim and walls in my insane fit of motivatedness to get the house in order and perfect.

I didn't pout about anything this week. That would be childish.

And I definately DON'T want to brag ALL the time about my perfect and wonderful husband who cooks, cleans, opens my doors, wins tournaments, and takes me shopping. I am NOT married to the sweetest, most talented man in the world. I am definatly not really really happy to be married.

[Except that I am.]

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

SO sweet! Sounds like a good guy! We all spend so much money on Christmas, that really it's just expected! And just think your helping the economy! LOL! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

I sometimes call babies "it" too. Affectionately of course! And it is scary holding a newborn, what if an arm breaks off or something?!

newlyweds said...

Aww, what a cute post!!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

insane fit of motivatedness- hey- I have those too :-)