Thursday, November 13, 2008

So, how'd I do?

**Disclaimer: Just because I'm writing about the CMAs at the moment doesn't mean I've seen them. Still need radio silence on this one until after tonight! Thanks for your cooperation. Yes, I realize I'm a dork.

I was so careful. I told all my friends at work the plan to record the CMAs and watch them the next day, even posted a blog entry so I didn't get texts or e-mails from close friends, no radio, no TV news, and a CD was in my car to avoid the car radio this morning. 

Then last night when we were going to bed, the TV was on and I heard Craig Ferguson say "So the CMAs were tonight..." Right in the middle of my sentence to Jack, I screamed "NO!" as I dove under the covers, covered my ears and started singing "lalala" to cover up the TV noise. At the same time, Jack dove for the remote also started saying "LALALALALALA!" loudly for my benefit. I'm laughing out loud right now thinking about how insane we must have looked. But it worked! I didn't hear what he had to say about it!

After all of that, I overlooked the clock radio set to wake me up in the morning, so I woke up to the announcement of who won Entertainer of the Year. I made an "auuugggghhhh" sound and turned it off quickly, and Jack laughed at me, consoling me with "don't worry, at least it wasn't one of the IMPORTANT awards."

A few more hours of avoiding society and I won't have to worry about finding out the rest... I'll keep you posted.

0 comments: