Thursday, December 11, 2008

10 MEANS 10!!!!!!

I just called Jack to see what he wanted for dinner. His two choices: frozen pizza or Chinese takeout. He chose Chinese (and refused to pick it up on his way home, instead wanting me to pick it up, but that's a rant for another day).

I Google our favorite Chinese place, Royal Chopsticks in Allen. I find their phone number and glance at their hours. They close at 10 p.m. Perfect, because it's only 9:45.

A teenage voice answers the phone.

"Um... we're closed," he says, without any introduction.

"No, your website says you close at 10, and it's only 9:45," I reply, annoyed that he would try that with me.

"Oh, yeah," he stammers, "we stop cooking at 9:45 so the cooks have time to clean up."

"Seriously?" I ask the kid, indignantly. "You're not going to take my money?"

"Sorry," he replies apathetically.

"Fine," I say, and hang up.

Listen, you buttheads (oh yes, I just called you that. That's what happens when you tick me off), when your hours say 10 p.m., you are obligated to keep cooking until 10 p.m.! If your doors must remain unlocked during your business hours, then why the heck will you not take my order (and money!) during your business hours!? It is absolutely ridiculous to refuse service during your posted business hours!!!!

Needless to say, we're shopping for a new Chinese restauraunt.

0 comments: