Friday, December 19, 2008

You never know how much it will mean

Every year, Jack and I get the Christmas ornaments out and hang them all on the tree. Except one. One ornament has its own place, in an ornament display case on our shelf. One ornament, I'm not allowed to touch (okay, I'm allowed, but I don't really like to because I'm quite clumsy and I don't want to be the one to break this very special ornament).

In 1998, one of Jack's Corps buddies' moms gathered some ash from the year's Aggie bonfire into a bunch of Christmas ornaments. Then, she decorated them and gave them out that year as gifts. Little did she (or anyone know) that this would be a priceless artifact one year later, because that ash was from the last bonfire that would ever burn on the campus of Texas A&M University.

Make something this year. You never know how much it will mean to someone.

0 comments: