Thursday, January 15, 2009

Behind every working woman is an enormous pile of unwashed laundry

I was doing laundry today (shocker, I know!), and had resolved to not only wash and dry it, but to also fold/hang up/put away all the clothes instead of simply putting them back into a basket on my floor and living out of that for the next several weeks (even bigger shocker!!). I was very proud of myself.

As I was hanging up and folding the whites, I found out that all the socks had buddies when they came out of the dryer!! That was the first time I've ever seen that happen. It was spectacular - like a total eclipse or a shooting star.

Another benefit to hanging up the clothes instead of simply fishing them out of the basket like numbers in a game of BINGO every morning was that I got to see a great little parade of clean clothes that I kind of forgot I had! After hanging up all my white spaghetti-strapped tank tops that I wear under my other shirts (apparently I have about 9. Who knew?), I brought them into the living room, where Jack was sitting, to show him.

"Look, Jack!" I exclaimed enthusiastically. "Look how many tank tops I have!"

He looked a little confused, but knew at this point it was easier to humor me than it was to ask questions.

"Cool, sweetie," he replied, indifferently.

"Laundry is kind of exciting!" I said. "This is just like Christmas!" 

"That's because you only do it once a year," he replied, sweetly.

1 comments:

Alicia said...

Sounds like me! I was doing laundry the other day and found a sweater that I had completely forgotten about...I wonder how long it was in the basket???