Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Calendar

This gift was by far my favorite one to make. This calendar was my gift to Angela this year, and I had so much fun making it. And it's really not that hard! You can make this as simple or as complicated as you want, and I really think this is better than the photo calendars you can have printed (not that there's anything wrong with those!).

For this one, I included pictures from her Facebook (what did we ever do before Facebook stalking!?), Bible verses, quotes about nursing (she's a nursing major), blog entries from the same month a year before, important events on her school's academic calendar, and holidays. Also, I printed out all the birthday greetings from her Facebook wall and included these on her birthday month (August).

You can buy a blank calendar at overstock.com or scrapyourtrip.com, and they're really quite affordable (only about $10). There are also calendar-making kits available like this one and this one, which are a little more expensive, but will be easier to make if you're low on time. Plus, all the papers coordinate if you're into that kind of thing.

0 comments: