Saturday, January 31, 2009

The incident

The boxes were stacked high in the back of the truck, riding along as the truck traveled down the highway at 60 miles per hour. Suddenly, the truck hit a bump, and a box tumbled out. As it hit the pavement, it exploded, its contents scattering along the highway.

My dad and his friend stopped the truck, and my dad played Frogger across the busy highway to gather the contents of the box. They had been bringing home some boxes they were storing in a building they had just sold.

The box that had tumbled out and been destroyed was the box that had contained all my AWANA stuff - pins, shirts, grand prix cards, and awards. My Citation award.

It's a good thing that this wasn't the most important thing I gained from my 14 years in AWANA. But it's still kind of sad.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Awww, I am sorry about that. At least you still have it though:)

MckMama said...

Um, that was NOT German, it was mommy brain strikes again:) Thanks for the head's up. I changed it to OSC. Are you still glad to have me back, even though I left my brain on the cruise ship?

:)

The Thompson's said...

Wow, I guess it could have always been worse?

Courtney and the Boys said...

Holy Moses! MckMama commented on your blog! A real-life celebrity! Woot! Woot!

...and sorry for your plaque and other things. :(

Courtney