Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The new Ozarka bottles with the tiny lids

I liked the new “eco-friendly” bottles Ozarka was producing. I even switched from Aquafina to Ozarka when they changed their bottles. Not because I care at all about the environment, mind you, but because I pick my bottled water almost solely based on the shape, size, and feel of the bottle. After all, that's what you’re buying, right?

I liked the new shape of the Ozarka bottle. It was comfortable, and it fit well in my hand and cup-holder. And hey, if it saved plastic by being thinner, whatever – that works for me too. But this new itsy-bitsy tiny little lid they’re using on the new itsy bitsy tiny little top of the bottle is absolutely not okay with me! First of all, the lid is tiny. It’s easy to lose or drop. Second of all, the top of the bottle is shorter, and therefore the water is closer to the top, making it much easier to spill it all over yourself when you open it. I don’t care how much plastic I’m saving if I’m wasting my water by spilling it on myself.

Bring back my old lid, Ozarka, or I’m going to have to find a much less eco-friendly bottle from which to drink!

2 comments:

Jamie McLaughlin said...

mandy mandy mandy, water bottles are soooooooo early 2008. give in to the environmentally friendly craze already.

Mandy and Jack said...

Haha You give me a really (and I mean REALLY REALLY) convenient solution and I'm happy to oblige. At least I recycle them.

I do love my crazy tree-hugger friends though... I'm just not that into it. ;-)