Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Resolutions?

I'm not big on New Years resolutions, mostly because nobody ever follows through with them past February and they're so cliche. I think Jack has a few financial goals for 2009, and I'm sure he'll spend hours telling you all about them if you ask, but here are my own resolutions goals for this year (meaning... here are a few things I'll try to do, at least during January).

  • I got a gym membership a few weeks ago. At some point, I'd like to visit said gym. I know, this one's a lofty goal.
  • I want to use stitching on a scrapbook page. Though I fear that if I start, I will never be able to stop, because it always looks awesome on pages and I have over-achievement issues when it comes to scrapbooking.
  • Learn lots more about video at work. I learned a new video software (Final Cut Pro) and loved it, and I'd like to get more experience both editing and shooting.
  • I want to sew something from a pattern. I think I'm going to start with the hospital gown that Elena made for Mckmama! What a fun idea for a gift for my pregnant friend to be cute for her first pictures. Her due date is March. We'll see how that works out. ;-)
  • More Bible-reading - I just got a women's Bible that I'm loving.
  • Project 365 - a picture a day. Let's do this thing.
  • Organize my office. This is a never-ending battle, but I dream of a day when I will live in peace with all my craft supplies and computer crap.
  • Finish the master bathroom. We've ripped most of the wallpaper off the walls and bought the tile, and by the end of 2009, we're going to finish it. Yes. Really. We are.
  • While I'm at it, I want to finish the guest bathroom and the kitchen walls. (Hear that father-in-law? Sorry, but it's not over yet!)
I think that's about it for now. Long-term goals for the Hornbuckles still include flipping a house and popping out a few kids, but obviously those things probably won't happen this year (hopefully the latter will wait a while). Happy New Year!!

0 comments: