Friday, January 30, 2009

Project 365

Okay, so I've done a month of Project 365 (haven't missed a day yet!), and, since I am the expert authority on pretty much everything, I thought I'd give you all a little review of it so far.

Pros:
  • I really like that it forces me to take more pictures, especially pictures that represent our day.
  • Because I'm taking more pictures, I'm learning more about my camera, and hopefully that means I'll be taking better pictures as the year goes on.
  • I'm also more inclined to carry my little camera (I have two - one good big one and one little not-as-good one that fits well in my purse), and therefore I'm less likely to miss shots of good stuff that happens during the day.
  • Most of my friends know that I'm doing Project 365, so when we take a picture together, a lot of them ask me whether they get to be the picture of the day. I find that amusing.
  • I'm forced to write a story every day about little things that happen, when I might not have written about them before.
  • I get comments on my Project 365 blog that make me feel special or make me laugh.
Cons:
  • I'm ending up with more pictures of random crap than I probably need. Like the pickle jar.
  • There are nights that I remember that I don't have a picture of the day, then have to wander around the house with my camera wondering what to take a picture of. That usually leads to a picture of the night's dinner.
  • I'm not great at posting it on time, although thanks to Blogger's nice little set-your-own-date-and-time settings, I can lie my little bum off and pretend that I posted on time.
  • I have yet to decide how I want to scrapbook them. Digital? Kit? Freestyle? Decisions, decisions.
  • Less of the "cute little stories" are going on jackandmandy.blogspot.com and more are going on hornbuckle365.blogspot.com. I guess the moral of the story is that if you like my cute little day-to-day stories, you're going to have to follow that blog too.
  • I have a hard time picking just one picture of the day. That's why there's usually more than one per post. But don't worry, I don't have as many archived to scrapbook as I do posted. I try to stick to one [or two] for the "to-scrapbook" folder.
Overall, I think it's a good project, and I'm really having fun with it. It's not too late to start! Just do a Project 365 from February 2009 to February 2010!

1 comments:

Courtney and the Boys said...

What is this? Set your own date and time??????????? Crap! Do tell, my friend! :)

Courtney