Monday, January 26, 2009

Starbucks Sumatra Blend (Decaf)

I walked over to my local Starbucks on Friday, and since Jack and I were almost out of coffee at home, I decided to get a new bag of coffee for home.

"We really liked the Christmas blend," I told my friendly neighborhood Barista. "Do you have something like that?"

They immediately recommended the Sumatra blend, so I told them I'd like a bag of decaf. They mistakenly ground the regular, and when I realized their mistake and told them it was fine, I'd take the regular, they insisted on re-doing it, telling me they would use the mistakenly-ground coffee, and not to worry about it. I love my friendly neighborhood Baristas.

The Sumatra Blend is really good! Here's how Starbucks describes it:

"Sumatra has a full, syrupy body with virtually no acidity – so the coffee’s intensity lingers in your mouth. The concentrated spicy, herbal notes and earthy aroma are the telltale signatures of this well-loved coffee. The island of Sumatra produces 70% of Indonesia’s income and is home to over 38 million people."

Who knew Sumatra was an island?

Good coffee. Even better Baristas.

2 comments:

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

YOU SEE SOMEONES MISTAKE CAN BE YOU MOST FAVORITE TRESURE.. LOL SO GLAD IN THE END IT WORKED OUT FOR YOU.. ENJOY YOUR COFFEE

Amanda said...

I bet most of the people in Sumatra knew it was an island. ;) (but, that wouldn't be me) That coffee does sound really good! I like the HEB Texas Pecan, or the snikerdoodle one. However, we lack an heb but we do have starbucks