Tuesday, February 24, 2009

AT&T Samsung Eternity

I got a new phone on Saturday! I've been wanting one for a while (since I broke the lens on my Razr by putting it in my back pocket and sitting on it the second day I had it!), but wasn't sure if I wanted to get something with a data plan, or if I wanted a flip phone, Blackberry Pearl, iPhone... so many choices!

I finally decided on the Samsung Eternity, mostly because I wanted a touch-screen phone but I'm really not a fan of Mac products. We have macs at work, and while they are powerful and "pretty," I have had more trouble with this mac than I've ever had with a PC. Part of that is the need to run VMware on it for certain programs, but regardless, I've just never been happy with mac products.

So I went with the Eternity. It's also a touch screen, about the same size as the iPhone, and the data plan is half the cost ($15 a month instead of $30). It also got pretty good reviews.

So far I really like it a lot! My one complaint is that there's no e-mail client for gmail, so I can't get notified when I get a new e-mail like you would on an iPhone or Blackberry, but I can quickly and easily use my browser to check it. Also, I know there's a way to sync my Outlook calendar with its calendar, which will definitely come in handy when I finally get around to that.

Now, I'm just trying not to drop it, sit on it, or get it run over by a car.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I have a Palm phone and I hate it! It has a touch screen too which comes in handy but I have had nothing but problems with it. I get to renew in August and I cant wait. I am thinking either a Blackberry or something...but definately not a Palm!

Congrats on the new phone!

Amanda said...

I hate apple too! I do have an ipod, which I like, but there are other mp3 players out there now that are probably just as good.

pam said...

Enjoy your new phone.

Nelle said...

My husband just bought the same phone and we love it. He's out of work right now and I have the internet at work so we got him the internet for $20 a month. We also have text messaging. He bought the USB cable which allowed him to download a lot of other stuff into the phone. AT&T didn't have it and we got it at a kiosk in the mall. Enjoy the phone and please dont' put it in a back pocket! :)