Monday, February 9, 2009

Make Something Monday!

Every week, Amanda does Make Something Monday and I always want to do it but never get around to it! But today I came prepared!

I've had these thank you notes for a while and I'm not a super-huge fan of them. They were fine for wedding thank you notes, but they're just kind of plain and I'd rather just make my own thank you notes.

So...
...I used them to make Valentines! Just covered up the "thank you" with patterned paper, made a heart out of a variety of Valentines ribbon (which, by the way, I got half off after Valentines Day last year!), cut out "valentine" with my wishblade, and voila! A brand new card that was practically free to make!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I think we used the same thank you notes! I don't know if we have any extras though, I definitally didn't think to pimp them out to make cooler cards. You should start your own card store! Hallmark crown cards nothing, I'm looking for the Hornbuckle seal!

Alicia said...

Those are cute! You are so creative!

Jacky said...

Those are really cute! Very creative and useful! =)

Michie said...

I love this idea to recycle cards that you already have and to spruce them up a bit! I could also buy cheap ugly cards with envelopes and dress them up a bit. Thanks for the idea!