Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mush

Last night, at AWANA, one of the little girls, A, baked me and the group some cookies (so sweet!!). They were chocolate chip with M&Ms (and they were delicious!)

When the other girls got into them, one of the other little girls, E, was trying hard to avoid the cookies with the red M&Ms, because her mom didn't like her to have red dye in food.

"Why doesn't your mom like you to have red dye?" asked N.

"Because it's bad for you and turns your brain into mush," answered E.

N stared at her blankly for a moment, and then leaned over to me.

"I think her brain's already turned to mush," she whispered.

I busted out laughing, and then remembered that that wasn't an appropriate reaction.

"Um... that wasn't very nice," I replied, between bursts of laughter.

1 comments:

Jamie McLaughlin said...

haha red dye is what gives kids with ADHD their super powers. We avoid giving it to Corwin or mommie's brain turns to mush.