Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"Slap Ya Momma" Cajun Seasoning

"One of these days, you're going to get it right." -Jack, about dinner last night

I must say, I am not a very good cook. Hamburger Helper is quite a feat for me, and I even screw that up pretty often. So I'm not all that great at seasoning food from scratch. I just don't really know where to start. The other day, however, we tried Slap Ya Momma Cajun Seasoning, and we loved it. I didn't think I was a very big fan of Cajun food, but I really enjoy this seasoning! Jack's mom is from Beaumont, and she's Cajun cook extraordinaire, so he's a big fan of it too. 

Be warned, though, I put a ton of it on my tilapia last night, and my mouth was burning, so use it wisely. I could have done with less. (But I have what you could call"gringo mouth.")

7 comments:

Amanda said...

OOh cajun seasoning is my favorite! You should try it on mashed potatoes, or if you make potato and egg breakfast tacos, top it off with a shake of cajun seasoning!

Mandy and Jack said...

Oooo! That sounds yummy! I'll try that - especially since Jack hates eggs but will eat them if they don't taste like eggs. :)

didlake said...

I grew up on Slap Yo' Mama! It makes everything taste wonderful!

Greg said...

I haven't tried this brand (yet) but I love cajun seasoning. It makes almost everything better. Even the complicated stuff, like Mac & Cheese! :)

El said...

I love cajun seasoning! John and I made something once that was really good and have never been able to find the same brand of seasoning again. We'll have to try this one!

Latonya said...

Hey Amanda, I've looked everywhere for Slap Yo Mamma seasoning and can't find it. What store can I purchase it at?

Mandy and Jack said...

We get ours at Kroger. It's AWESOME! Good luck!!