Monday, February 2, 2009

Sum it up

Today, I got an e-mail from a co-worker who puts together the internal newsletter, asking for a blurb about myself for the next issue. 

How do you sum yourself up in a few sentences? Every time I try, I end up with a really random list of unrelated things. How do I identify myself in a few sentences? Today, it was with this:

I was raised in North Dallas (and actually now live in the house that I grew up in – my husband and I bought it after we got married last year). I graduated from Texas A&M University with a BA in Telecommunication. I’ve been in AWANA since I was 4 years old, and now I’m an AWANA leader. I’ve been to four continents (I’m working on the other three – my dad and I are planning a trip to Antarctica together in the next year or two [his seventh continent]). I ride the MS150 every year (now called BikeMS), benefiting the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, and this year I’m co-captaining Team HP. I did audio internships at EDS and the Texas A&M University Writing Center, producing educational podcasts for both organizations. I’m a fanatical scrapbooker and blogger, and I have a dog named Maggie.

What's your "blurb?"

2 comments:

speedylee said...

Shane wrote my profile for our company website. I like it:

"Fortunately for Cassandra, her true talent is in software development. Her musical talent almost exclusively includes being the person next to you in traffic singing in her car and looking crazy. She does have a degree in Computer Engineering from Texas A&M, though, which was her ticket in the door at Sonicbids. Outside of work, Cassandra is an avid sports fan who attends every Celtics game (over 43 per year!) and reserves over ten hours each Sunday to watch NFL games during football season. She was a multiple sport athlete in high school and her list of favorite teams includes the Dallas Mavericks, Boston Celtics, Texas Rangers, and Dallas Cowboys. Cassandra’s other interesting skills include the ability to make homemade guacamole, operating television broadcast graphics machines and driving in Boston traffic."

Mandy and Jack said...

That's WAY better than mine!!!