Friday, March 27, 2009

Blastoff!

I've been dabbling in invitation design since my wedding, when I stupidly made all my invites myself. Matting all that paper... tying all those ribbons. Blah. But for some reason, I keep wanting to do it again. Next, I designed my Christmas letter and made all the cards it went in too. Then it was the bay-BEE shower invites, and the baby thank you cards. I think I may be sick.

Anyway, when a blog friend asked if somebody could design her son's first birthday invites, I of course jumped at the chance. And I found out this time that doing digital stuff is much easier than hand-making 50 invites.


I used Rachael's Space Cadet kit for this invite. Go check her out here - she does amazing work and is such a sweetheart too!

Need some cards or invites? E-mail me and we'll talk about how I can make you some! Digital (so you can get them printed yourself) or paper (so I can pull a few all-nighters), I can give you a good price and donate some of it to String of Pearls!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, you are SO creativ!!! Love all the cards you made and love your new blog layout aswell!!!

When I turn 30 next year (omg I'm old) I might remember your "offer" on digital invites!

Heather Marie said...

Love the new look! You are so creative!

I'll keep you in mind if I ever need some of those cards!! :)

Jacky said...

I made my friend 80 invitations for her graduation. It wasn't horrible, but it was a lot of work! The worst part was adhering the ribbon to the cards and getting it straight. =)

Shane said...

People who have parties for their kids' first birthday are defective.