Monday, March 23, 2009

David: A Man of Passion and Destiny, Part 1

I just listened to Insight for Living's new radio drama, David: A Man of Passion and Destiny Part 1. Now before you start thinking that I'm biased because I work there, let me tell you, I might be, but I'm probably not. Though my group made this radio drama, I didn't help edit or produce this, so I could listen to it with fresh ears.

I have been a huge fan of radio dramas all my life, my obsession beginning with Adventures in Odyssey as a child (and, well, any time there's a road trip in our family). I loved Focus on the Family's radio theater too. And when I was at EDS, my job was to create and produce an internal training production called "EDS Audio Theater." I love this stuff, which is both why I enjoyed this one and why I'm very critical of radio theater stuff (a lot of times it can sound cheesy if it's not done correctly).

This radio drama tells the story of David's young life, from learning how to be a shepard as a boy to the dramatic battle in which he slew Goliath.

The actors are fabulous. Goliath actually scared me a little. And, although I may be a little biased about the producers, I think the sound design work was incredible as well. I hope someday I can create something this magnificent. I will definitely be listening to David Part 2 when we come out with it.

You can get a copy of David: A Man of Passion and Destiny Part 1 here.

1 comments:

Tim said...

Thanks for sharing that. I had never even heard of audio stories like this. I am so wanting to check it out now, especailly David and Goliath. I think that is one of every little kids favortie stories.

Big things do come in small packages after all.

Love and Prayers,

Tim