Monday, April 13, 2009

Conditioning

This weekend, Jack and I went to visit his parents in East Texas. The first night I was there, I went to take a shower before I got ready for bed, so I got out all my mini stolen-from-hotel-rooms shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc. and used them in the shower.

I noticed that the conditioner wasn't great, but chalked it up to the possibly softer or harder water.

After the shower, I got dressed for bed and did the normal nighttime routine - brushing teeth, lotion on my face, 100 strokes of the hairbrush (just kidding).

Two days later, the last day we were there, I was in the shower again when I took a look at the conditioner.

Body Lotion.

I had been using body lotion in my hair all weekend.

Even worse, after I got out of the shower I took a look at what was left in my bag and found my conditioner. Which I had used on my face the last two days. And didn't notice.

After I told Jack about this little mishap, he looked at me more closely and said he did notice that my face looked pretty dry. Evidently hair conditioner doesn't moisturize skin like it does hair. Who knew?

A little while later, I caught Jack looking at me and giggling.

"What are you laughing at?" I asked.

"Your face," he answered, simply. Oh yes, this is my husband, Mr. Smoothbuckle.

On the bright side, my eyebrows have never been softer.

5 comments:

Courtney and the Boys said...

And this is why I love you so much. You crack me up, girl. Glad to hear your eyebrows are conditioned. There's always a silver lining! :)

Nelle said...

The very same thing happened to me a few months ago. I came back from an expensive hotel and put the items in my shower. They all had the same scent of mandarin and mint: the shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. My hair was so limp and I should have realized but it wasn't until the third time when I went to put the conditioner on and saw it was body lotion! And yes, I had put the lotion on my hands. This does not compare to the time that I accidentally brushed my teeth with something for another part of the body. Too embarassed to explain further :O

Natalie said...

Thanks for the laugh! :-)

Cortney said...

Haha nice!

Abigail Hutchinson said...

OMG that is sooooooo funny! Sounds like something I would do! hehehehe! hahahaha! Glad your hair survived the lotion-ing! heheheh!
~Abigail