Monday, April 6, 2009

Make Something Monday

Amanda's Make Something Monday posts make my Mondays sooooo much better. Here's a little recipe I got from Christelle and modified just a bit - I LOVE how it turned out!

Christelle told me that you can make soft cookies out of cake mix, and said that she makes Devils Food cookies with chocolate and white chocolate chips. I tried those without the chocolate chips, and they were good, but then I decided to make carrot cake cookies with cream cheese icing! Yum!

What you need:

1 box of carrot cake mix (or any cake mix if you want to try other kinds)
3 eggs
1/2 cup of oil (I haven't tried substituting apple sauce yet, but I hear you can do that with pretty much anything to make it healthier)
Cream cheese icing (for on top after they're finished)

Mix the batter, spoon them onto a greased cookie sheet, and bake at 350 for 8 minutes.

Yum!! 

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I've tried applesauce instead of oil, and I always get rubbery cookies and brownies. It's not pleasent. Perhaps if you do like 1/4 c of each, that may be a little better. If you don't like carrot cake, spice cake cookies would also rock with cream cheese frosting!