Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swine flu? More like "whine" flu.

There really isn't much of a reason for this post, other than I wanted to use that clever title I had just thought of.

Actually, Tarrant County has cancelled all events this weekend, which means the Bike MS will not end it Sundance Square, as originally planned. I appreciate them taking precautions, but it's odd that they're the only county in this area that's doing so. Even the Star-Telegram is twittering that they're going a bit too far with this one. Either Tarrant County is overreacting or we're under-reacting... time will tell, I suppose. 

From what I hear, it's all a bunch of hype. Jack said a dad at the taekwondo school works at a hospital, and they got their first case of Swine Flu yesterday, diagnosed them, and then sent them home with Tami-flu. 

Yes folks, this is just the flu. Let's not play "the sky is falling," kay? I've decided to, instead, freak out about the way-more-prevalent outbreak of salmonella poisoning and the amount of "ADD" undisciplined devil children in the world these days. 

(Disclaimer: if your child really has ADD, know that I'm not calling you a bad parent. But it must piss you off as much as it pisses me off that people throw that term around like there's no tomorrow as an excuse for their child's poor behavior. We do love excuses, don't we?)

Rant over.

1 comments:

Greg said...

I was going to take you task for attacking those with ADD, but then I...