Monday, April 13, 2009

Trash or Treasure? Tuesday

I stumbled upon a bunch of books and CDs at a garage sale for free. Since I'm out of college and no longer have a need to read or learn anything (the real reason is that we already have WAY to many books on our reading list), I'm giving them away weekly in my new blog series "Trash or Treasure? Tuesday!"

I have no idea if these books are any good. Actually, their theology could be insanely screwed up, so use your own judgement when reading. They look okay to me, but you know what they say about judging a book by its cover.

But who doesn't love free stuff?

This week, I'm giving away a copy of a book called The Heart of the Temple, by Anne Le Tissier.

Here's how the publisher's website describes the book:

A devotional handbook based upon the Temple to inspire a deeper commitment to prayer, encourage submission to God’s Word and provide helpful guidelines for living a godly lifestyle.

As the book reveals, the Temple’s preparations, construction and purpose are still relevant for Christians in the twenty-first century. It develops our understanding of Old Testament history while encouraging our devotion to God.

The book is divided into three parts: 'In the Beginning', 'A Temple for Today' and 'The Temple in heaven'. It includes journal pages for writing personal thoughts and prayers.

There's even an excerpt from it here!

Leave a comment about your favorite flavor of pudding to enter! (Disclaimer: if you say your favorite flavor of pudding is tapioca, you're automatically disqualified, because that's gross.) You should also add your e-mail address in case you don't actually want to have to check back here (the horror!) and read my blog again.

I'll let random.org pick a winner tomorrow after Awana.

1 comments:

Cortney said...

This is really weird but my favorite pudding is pistachio. My grandpa used to eat it and it reminds me of him. It's really good but the green is creepy. This is a fun giveaway! Thanks!