Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Jack update - Forms competition

Don't have long because I have an early flight tomorrow, but I wanted to let you all know that Jack didn't place in forms today either. It's another disapointing year for the world champion competition, but there's still Sunday's competition, which is the beginning of Jack's new tournament season and the first time he gets to compete in the 30-39 year-old division (aka "old man's division!")

Win or lose, I'm always impressed with the way my husband reacts to the cards he's dealt. I loved listening to him tell his students today that "it's just the way it goes sometimes," "the other competitors were phenomenal," and "it's an honor just to be here, in the top ten in the world." Jack practices what he preaches and I love his shining example both of good sportsmanship and Christ-likeness.

With or without red letters on his back [world champions get to sew special red letters that say "world champion" and the year to the backs of their uniform rather than the black letters others get], my husband is a champion in my book (cue cheesy music), and I am always, always proud of him.

2 comments:

Jamie McLaughlin said...

Scott wants to know if you tried the lucky boo-hehe

Mandy and Jack said...

Ha! Nope! Didn't boo him this time. Next tournament, maybe! ;-)