Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Funny men

Today, my dad came over to visit for a little while, and we started talking about how my work friend Eric is moving.

"Oh, where is he moving?" Dad asked

"Just across town," I answered. "Their family needed a bigger house. They still have two more adopted embryos."

"Hm," Dad said. "Seems like embryos wouldn't take up too much room."

[Cue laugh track]

----

Last night This morning, Jack and I were getting ready for bed, and Jack was a little grumpy from being simultaneously tired and hungry (bad wives forget to feed their husbands dinner, you know). He started to head to bed as I was reaching for my toothbrush.

"Aren't you going to brush your teeth?" I asked. He turned around, groggy and annoyed.

"But I'm sooooooo tired," he whined, reluctantly grabbing his toothbrush. "I juuuuust want to go to beeeeeeed." He put the toothpaste on the brush with heavy arms. "I don't know whyyyyy you're making me brush my teeeeeeeth now."

"Alright," I answered, "don't brush your teeth. You're a big boy. You can make your own decisions."

He eyed me carefully, and defiantly placed the toothpaste-prepared toothbrush on the counter. He looked back at me.

"Fine. Then I'm going to leave this for the morning," he said, testing me. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," I said, casually, and turned back around and started brushing my teeth.

Slowly, he started walking out of the bathroom, still watching me for my reaction. I ignored him.

Suddenly, I heard a sigh, and he was back beside me, picking up his toothbrush and glaring at me.

"It wasn't because of you," he said, as he began brushing his teeth.

Okay honey, you win. You chose to brush your teeth yourself. Either way, everybody wins.

0 comments: