Monday, July 27, 2009

They don't like it when you take those

The other day, I had dinner with my friend Sharon at a little burger place near work. We finished up, threw our trash away, and walked outside toward my car.

Sharon turned around looked at me quizzically as I started to open my car door.

"What are you doing?" she asked. I stared back at her.

"Going home," I answered, slowly, not really understanding her confusion.

"Um, they don't like it when you take those," she said. I looked down. I was carrying the glass of water I had been drinking at dinner.

"Oh." No, I decided, they wouldn't like it if I took this.

4 comments:

Jessica Latshaw said...

lol. No, I suppose they wouldn't. ;-)

Mandy and Jack said...

I also stole a Bible from church once. Made it all the way to the car with it.

Mandy and Jack said...

I mean, I took it back inside when I realized I had it.

debbiemys said...

I swiped the tube from the drive through bank window. Now pray tell, who would need one of those? Got all the way home with it in my lap too before I even noticed it.
I got there the next day before they opened, and just stuck it in the machine and raced away. They will never know--unless of course-- they read your blog.