Monday, August 17, 2009

Not Me! Monday - Couponing obsession edition

I'm sleepy, but there are just too many of these to skip today's Not Me Monday (a la MckMama!)

I did not spend all week planning for Saturday's Kroger run. I was not ridiculously excited about their doubling $1 coupons, and I did not reiterate my excitement to my husband about eleventy-billion times until he gave me a "I get it! You're excited about Kroger!"

My friend and I did not decide to go to Kroger at midnight Saturday morning rather than, you know, a normal time, to avoid the crowds. We did not still find quite a crowd of couponers, and we definitely did not leave at 4 in the morning!!!

It was not totally worth it. And I did not go back again the next day.

When I told Jack about the story about the "crazy couponers" that were there at 4 a.m., he did not look at me funny and say "Um, weren't you one of the crazy couponers that was there at 4 a.m.?"

Then, at 1 a.m. on Sunday, I did not also drag Jack to CVS for the weekly CVS run. I am not becoming addicted to grocery/drug store shopping at ungodly hours.

There is no chance that I was so lazy that I just did this:
...instead of actually putting the toilet paper on the roll like I was supposed to. I do not wish I could blame that on Jack.

Also, my husband does not call this brand of toilet paper "Angel Crap" because he hates it so much. I do not continue to buy it even though he hates it because it's always free with coupons.

Finally, my friend Angela's birthday gift is NOT sitting on Jack's pool table instead of in the mail to her, even though her birthday is tomorrow. I would NEVER forget to send anything on time.

What did you not do this week?

5 comments:

Guest said...

did I miss out.. I did not know that Krogers did that ... how did oyu find out... I NEED TO KNOW ;)

Mandy said...

It was in the circular this week.

{Louisiana.Bride} said...

I laughed out loud when I read Angel Crap! I hate that stuff too and only buy it sometimes cause its so cheap haha.

Ashley said...

We like to call that Angel Sandpaper...cause thats what it feels like! :)

Angela said...

I laughed at Jack's Angel Crap comment :)

Oh, and you're an amazing friend!  I'm going to go pick up your package from the apartment office today I think :D Yay!!!  So thankful they called me off work so that I could get it.... :)