Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hello, old friend. I've missed you.

It's not that I haven't wanted to blog, and it's not even that I don't have stories.

I could tell you about the crazy dreams I've been having lately, like the one two nights ago, where I took a pregnancy test with two girls I have hardly seen since high school (Tiffany Pike and Sara Roberts, if you must know).

Or there's the dream last night where there was a gecko on my bed with teeny tiny flowers in its mouth and I was asking Jack to come catch it. Why the teeny tiny flowers? I don't know. Perhaps he was going on a gecko date.

I could also tell you about how this morning, when I dropped the dog off at my parents' house, as I backed out of their driveway, I hit their recycle bin so hard that I spun it around. And then I laughed and twittered about it. [Insert joke about how women are bad drivers here.]

Or maybe you'd like to hear about how last night I told Jack that I had "computer meat" thawed, and by "computer meat," I clearly meant "hamburger."

I can tell you about how Survival Mode Parent has 107 volunteers, and that one of the last people to sign up just lost her own little baby girl to stillbirth less than a month ago, and I was blown away by her generosity in the midst of her grief.

I can tell you how the blog orders keep on rolling in, despite the fact that I haven't had a chance to work on them the past week or so.

I could tell you that I got wonderful cards in the mail from my sweet friends Sarah and Paris ofr no reason other than that they're nice, and I can also confess that I still haven't re-sent my sweet friend Angela's birthday gift (it's in my trunk now, which is closer that it was when it was on the pool table. Baby steps).

I could tell you that I'm getting a lot of great projects at work, and I'm loving and hating building videos all at once (but mostly loving it).

I could tell you that Jack and I had a lovely holiday weekend and every time he's happy he makes more chatter noise than anyone I've ever known. I could also tell you that evidently IKEA turns him into a master carpenter, since he opted not to buy anything in the place, but rather, to head over to Lowes, buy wood, and build everything from scratch. 500% more work for about 10% less cost? Alright, honey. Go for it.

I could tell you that my laptop came last night, and she's beautiful. I've named her Connie and she and I will be friends for a long time. (In case you were wondering, my last laptop was Eugene, my desktop's name is Katrina, and I plan to name my next desktop Mitch. Angela knows why. And according to Chris Talbott, you will too if you Google those four names.)

The list goes on and on like this.

A story about a sadist pedicurist. A commentary on Ellen joining American Idol's judging team (yay!). The long-awaited Slanket blog entry. A tour of my Fall-decorated house. A tutorial on keeping your widgets when you change your blog design. Another tutorial on using Bulk Rename to organize your digital photographs. The one in which I officially declare my love for Guy Fieri.

No, it's not that I don't have stories. It's that I don't have time.

For now you'll just have to take my word for it when I say I am busy. I am tired. I am happy.

We are happy.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I know where the names are from too!! (I think) I believe I listened to a story about them one time.

Angela said...

haha I love you!!  Baby steps are awesome!  :)   My anticipation still grows at a degree greater than Christmas ;)   And I absolutely LOVE your new laptop name - does she wear yellow sweater with a chocolate ice cream spot on it?! 

Have a wonderful day!  You're amazing!

Mandy said...

She has lots of dots!!