Sunday, September 13, 2009

It's all about the appearance of having it all together

I'll be honest. I spend most of my time at home on my laptop in front of my TV. Usually I'm blog designing, blogging, or editing my photos. But I need access to a lot more data than I like to keep on said laptop when I work with my photos or blog designs, so I usually have one (or two or three) big ugly external hard drive(s) hanging around my living room, power cords, USB cords, and hard drives strewn about the floor, the couch, and the end tables.

Then, when people come over, I clean it all up and pretend I'm not such a slob.

Well, not anymore!

I decided to take advantage of the space I had under my end table behind the drawer. You know, this space that nobody sees:



By adding one of these (a piece of cheap particle board that I had left over from a craft project, cut to fit in that space):


With wood glue like this:

To make a shelf for this:




I can keep my stuff out of the way like this!

4 comments:

Thena said...

Thanks for the pic of the clamp.  As you can tell Im not a DIY expert.  LOL  Ive been trying to glue two pieces of wood together that you can't lay flat  and now i know I need a clamp to hold them until they dry.  And yes, I'm also blonde.  lol

Mandy said...

Ha! Well the funny thing about that is that my dad gave me the wood glue and
a clamp - I wouldn't have known to use it either! :)
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 8:05 AM, JS-Kit.com Comments <
js-kit-m2c-OAV07RGTPG71457OM7U4T4T4N8CRE18R6OOP5C0HHEFUSJQLNDLG@reply.js-kit.com

Angela said...

Connie is beautiful!!!  Mitch will surely be smitten ;)

Mandy said...

Isn't she!? I can't wait for you to meet her!!
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 12:18 PM, JS-Kit.com Comments <
js-kit-m2c-OAV07RGTPG71457OM7U4T4T4N9PHDUIK5LII5C9DHDLDNC7C01F0@reply.js-kit.com