Monday, September 28, 2009

Not Me Monday!

Well, hello, "Not Me Monday," MckMama's weekly blog carnival. It's nice to see you again. It's been a while, hasn't it?

Last week, I did not finally admit to my friend Jessica that I had indeed blog-stalked her before our first meeting and found out that she has many hug-related pet peeves, which is how I knew not to offer one that day. That's not at all weird.

I did not eat a Wendy's Frosty, cucumbers, pickles, and wine for dinner on Friday night, and I definitely didn't also make my guest eat that kind of eclectic dinner since I didn't have anything else to feed her.

I will not go completely postal on anybody who makes a pregnancy reference because of the "eating weird food" thing from the previous paragraph.

I did not completely fall in love with SiteGrinder (a photoshop plug-in that turns Photoshop files into websites!) last night, try out the demo, and decide to spend the $130 on it, only to be sorely disappointed that they do not send the activation code until a weekday! I am much too patient to be antsy about when I can publish my new landing page for jackandmandy.com.

I did not eat all of the hummus I made (4 cups or so!) with two pounds of carrots almost-all by myself last week. I am not surprised that I have not turned orange yet.

I am not using "Not Me Monday" as an excuse to brag about the fact that I hemmed my Ikea curtains all by myself (and they don't even suck)! That is soooo not a big deal since clearly I'm a pro at using my sewing machine. And since I'm such a pro, I did not try to take the flipping thing apart with a screwdriver when the bobbin ran out because I didn't realize you could just open the little bobbin door. I do not need to read the manual. Or, you know, practice more.

My husband did not set his alarm clock for 10 p.m. instead of 10 a.m. on Saturday night, and so we definitely did not miss church yesterday because nothing woke us up until 10:40.

I did not just find out that one of my very best friends in the world has had a boyfriend for a month without my knowledge. It has not been so long since I talked to her that I'm completely out of touch with her love life.

My co-workers did not tease me mercilessly for attending a Taylor Swift concert, since her primary audience is roughly 8-16 years old. I did not drag my husband said concert despite the fact that he had no interest in going. (He did not end up enjoying it, though!)

I did not have any reason to send this tweet last week.

We do not have have 157 Survival Mode Parent volunteers signed up, and there are not only 3 days left to enter to win lots of blog makeovers from me for supporting Survival Mode Parent!!

[That was not a shameless plug for Survival Mode Parent!]

10 comments:

Sarah Halstead said...

You crack me up. LOL! Are you sure your not preggo? he he! :)

Mandy and Jack said...

Oh, Sarah H, if I didn't already love you, you'd be on THIN ICE missy!!! ;-)

Aunt of 14 said...

I have been craving pickles so much that my family has started to question whether I was pregnant or not. WHAT is it about pickles?! And NOOOO I am not pregnant. I'm with you on that one!

Shelly said...

We don't blog stalk...we RESEARCH...LOL

Mandy and Jack said...

I like how you think, Shelly!!

Jessica Latshaw said...

love wendy's frosties and love that you 'studied' for our blind date in Dallas...:)

Kathy said...

Hi, I've followed you on Twitter since April, but this is the first time I've come across your blog. It's like meeting a neighbor or something. LOL Keep eating those pickles...Kathy or better known to you as edshunnybunny!

Sarah Halstead said...

I was allowed to ask Mandy since I am preggo. I went to the doctor today. Check out my blog to look at the pictures. :)

life4jesus05 said...

Um - I love Friday night dinners with Mandy! Unorganized food is always fun :) Haha - OH my goodness but those "Omlet" thingys were so good too - I may have to come back just for that!! ;)
*I did NOT read you comment about pickles and Friday dinner and immediately think to myself how good it was and NOPE neither of us is pregnant [especially me]!

Oh My goodness - my love life made it into this posting of NOT Me Monday?! *Speechless :D Oh I love you and cannot WAIT to see you/talk to you again! You're amazing!

life4jesus05 said...

Um - I love Friday night dinners with Mandy! Unorganized food is always fun :) Haha - OH my goodness but those "Omlet" thingys were so good too - I may have to come back just for that!! ;)
*I did NOT read you comment about pickles and Friday dinner and immediately think to myself how good it was and NOPE neither of us is pregnant [especially me]!

Oh My goodness - my love life made it into this posting of NOT Me Monday?! *Speechless :D Oh I love you and cannot WAIT to see you/talk to you again! You're amazing!