Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The empty laundry basket

Jack, reading my blog and complaining about the times I write about silly things he says: "I just think you should write embarrassing things you do too."

Me, staring back at him in dumb shock: "I have an entire category full of almost 40 posts called 'Stupid stuff Mandy's done.' Why don't you take a look at that, and then maybe you'll understand that what I write about is completely fair."

Jack: "Do you have a category called 'Stupid stuff Mandy's said?'"

--

The "stupid thing Mandy said" that Jack was referring to:

Earlier, I was doing laundry (Pick yourselves back up off the floor. I know. Me. Laundry. It's shocking. I'll give you a minute.) and I found a few towels and a t-shirt in one of the baskets that I had stacked after I emptied them.

I wasn't sure if the towels and shirt were supposed  to go on the pile of clean laundry or dirty laundry, so I called out to Jack.

"Hey Jack?" I called. "Are the clothes in the empty laundry basket clean or dirty?"

"Um, the empty laundry basket?" he asked, tauntingly. "There are clothes in the empty laundry basket?"

Later, when he was asking me to get the clothes out of the dryer, I asked him where he wanted me to put the clean clothes.

"You can put them in the empty laundry basket," he replied. "The real empty one."

9 comments:

Jessica Latshaw said...

the next time you see clothes in an empty laundry basket, please take a picture and document it:-)

Mandy and Jack said...

Oh I will. But really, let's think about it. Isn't EVERY laundry basket an empty one that may or may not have something in it?

Mrs.LifeAccounts said...

haha, I do stuff like that all the time! I think it would only be fair to post a ridiculous thing that Jack says or does for every ridiculous thing you post about yourself....you know, just to balance it out!

Mandy and Jack said...

There's definitely plenty of ridiculousness to go around!! :)

Thena said...

That was funny. Now you have me wondering if I've ever said the same thing.

Jacky said...

I don't like doing laundry, especially when I can't remember if that stack of clothes were clean or dirty. Although I don't think I've ever had clothes in an empty basket? =)

Mandy and Jack said...

I'm definitely the world's worst laundry-doer. No wonder I didn't know what an empty laundry basket was. I've never seen one! HA!

Paige said...

Empty laundry basket? I'm not sure I'm familiar with the concept.

I mean, there's almost always a scrap or two of clothing left over that I can't decide what to do with, so back in the laundry basket it goes, stacked on top of the dryer until "next time." :)

Jenna said...

You and your husband are too funny!! I feel like we'll be best of friends in this cruise!!! Can't wait to meet you IRL come January!!