Saturday, November 14, 2009

What I've been doing lately

Like I've mentioned before, I'm on a couple digital design teams (called CTs, or Creative Teams) for some digital scrapbook designers. Basically, if you get onto a team, they give you their digital scrapbook kits for free in exchange for you creating some example layouts for them to showcase, as a way of showing the ways the kit can be used. So far, I am loving it! It's a really fun way to be creative and get a little digital scrapbooking done. Plus, free stuff!

Speaking of free stuff and CTs, my Jacabean Designs CT got together and made a team collab kit called "Everything Nice!" It's based on that poem about snips and snails and puppy dog tails; sugar, spice and... well, you know the rest.

Anyway, each person on the team was assigned a different color, which was called a different part of the poem. For example, mine was "Spice" and it's the purple part of the kit (are you surprised?)


This was my first attempt at designing anything, and I really enjoyed it. I certainly have a long way to go before I really know what I'm doing, but this was a fun activity for now.

The whole kit came together quite nicely, and with everybody's contributions, it looks like this!


Isn't it cute? I think it's cute. And want to know some good news?

It's free!!

If you haven't been around the digital scrapbooking world long, then you may not have been on a blog train before. Basically, when designers do a collab like this one, they will put the download link to their part on their blogs so that you can download that part, then move on to the next part of the blog train to get the link for the next download. I've gotten quite a few great kits this way. And best of all, it's all FREE!

If you're interested in downloading this kit, head over to my craft blog to get my download link and the links for all the other ladies' blogs in the blog train. I also designed a blog template from this kit that you can customize and use for your blog, which is also on the blog train and also downloadable for free here!

And just so you know, it's good "digital scrapbooking etiquette" to leave a comment on each blog from which you download. I mean, I don't really care if you do or not on my own, but designers work hard on these designs and really appreciate a thank you.

Enjoy!!

1 comments:

Julia said...

hey mandy,I need some more "button" work done. i need 2 buttons, can you email me at jladewski at hotmail dot com

thanks girl!