So, I had random.org pick a winner for the Taylor Swift CD giveaway, and it picked #10, which was Jamie! E-mail me your address and I'll get it sent to you.
Also, for the blog makeover, I had Jack read through all the comments and pick the one he thought was most deserving. I did the same, and planned on using my mother-in-law as the tie-breaker should we need one. But we didn't. We both picked this comment from Cindi:
I want to nominate my good friend and business partner, Starla. I always use two words to describe her; beauty and grace. She has such a full plate, but she shines with GOD's love and beauty and grace are the qualities that I feel God has blessed her with. She is married to a hard-working godly man. Starla and Garry have 4 children that they have adopted. The 3 oldest have varying degress of special needs. All 4 of the children live at home. They are Rosie - 19 and her new husband Chris, Evelyn - 16, Daniel - 9, and Garret - 3. Starla's mom also lives with them. Starla and Garry's household is very busy and at times chaotic. But they always have room at their dinner table for one more. Starla also is the director of Ruth's Room, a free clothing program sponsored by our church. She does so much for everyone else and I want her to know she is special to me and that she deserves some pampering.
Congratulations, Starla!! You can e-mail me with any questions or simply fill out the order form and ignore all the prices.
That was fun! I'll have to do more stuff like that.
Hope your Christmases were as fun as ours. We had both my family and Jack's family in town, so we just did one big Christmas together. It was nice.
Here are a few of this year's gifts, for record's sake:
- Pancake air compressor
- Video game (Assassin's Creed II), which turned out to be disappointing. Guess he should have rented that one first
- Remote control for his PS3 (for DVDs)
- "Catch Phrase" (the game)
- Nikon 55-200mm lens
- Camera bag for said lens and SLR
- Space heater (and it oscillates! And it shuts itself off so we don't have to die!)
- Books ("Pirate Latitudes," by Crichton, "Superfreakanomics," by Levitt, and "The Last Song" by Sparks) - I've got some reading to do!
- High reach hanger hook, for the really high clothes rack in my closet (I get to stop hauling the ladder in and out of my closet! YES!)