Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cruise - Sunday - Day 1

Went on a cruise this week, with Angela. So far? Awesome.

But.

Oh my gosh. I'm so tired. It's 11:50 and I'm about to die. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

Mostly, it's that I'm old (when did THAT happen?), and I spent last night staying up entirely too late and today with 4 of my 5 bridesmaids and a few more of my best friends. OMG, utopia.

Also, I met a few of my new blog friends this weekend. Which is awesome (in my world). At dinner, our server asked whether we knew each other before or if we just met, and we were all "uh, uh, uh, uh,... we met on the internet." And then we all felt like giant losers.

So, I'm really tired. This is ridiculous. It's not even midnight. And guess what? I got a french manicure yesterday in College Station, and 4 of my 10 nails have already chipped. NOT GOOD ODDS. Come on, nail people. I expect quality.

"How I Met Your Mother" is on our closed circuit TV, and that makes me really happy. Neil Partrick Harris and I would get along really well. REALLY well.

I was all kinds of nervous to meet the ladies I fell in (platnoic) girl-love with, because I was all "oh, I'm socially awkward, and will it be all weird and strange with them?" and it turns out, no. It was not. It was awesome and I love them all. ALL OF THEM.

Also, my dad gave me $20 to bet on the roulette table for Angela, and I did and she won, so now she has $30, which is awesome.

AND. My friend Derek, who I met 9 years ago on another cruise ship and then went to Asia and came back is performing on this boat. That I'm on right now. Awesome. I designed the t-shirt he sells here when I was about 15 years old, and he is greatly in need of a new t-shirt, because seriously. I was 15 and not all that great at design. So I'm glad to have reconnected with him. If only to give the world a better t-shirt.

So, everybody else is still partying on the boat (because IT IS BEFORE MIDNIGHT, people), but I can't handle it because I'm old, so I'm going to bed.

Goodnight. I. Am. Lame.

(Love and miss you, Jack!)
blog comments powered by Disqus