Friday, January 15, 2010

The Penny Experiment - Grocery trip #1

If you don't know what The Penny Experiment is already, you should. I wrote about it before, but tonight was the first chance I got to put together my coupons and a shopping list for a food bank shopping trip. I'm lucky to have such a nice checker at Kroger (it helps that she's a super-nice old friend!) to tolerate my crazy couponing!

Here's how I did:



(1) Grande Tortilla Chips
(2) Sunny D Smoothies
(2) Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate
(1) Quaker Instant Oatmeal
(2) Steamfresh Vegetables
(4) Hunts pasta sauce
(2) Gatorade G2
(2) Pillsbury crescent rolls
(1) Hormel Pepperoni

All in all, I got 17 items, which was $31.42 worth of food for:



I was pretty happy with the result. It was an 81% savings, and I probably could have done better (especially if I had been able to find my darn Rice-a-roni coupons that would have made those free this week), but it's a good start.

Check out what the Penny Experiment is all about here (you don't just have to be a couponer to help!)
blog comments powered by Disqus