Sunday, February 21, 2010

Meet Lucy

Isn't she beautiful? I've been wanting her for five years. And now she's mine.

A real road bike.

See, I've been riding BikeMS every year with a hybrid, which, if you know anything about cycling, really sucks. But it was worth it, because every year I raised lots of money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Three cheers for curing MS. But still.

This is way better.

I named her Lucy, after Lucille Ball. You know, because she's red. And probably hilarious, clumsy things will happen around her.

And don't think for a second that I'm above using the phrase "Lucy! You've got some 'splainin' to do!" and then laughing like an idiot because, oh my, I am so clever. Get ready for me to over-use that joke, world.

When I asked Jack what I should name her, he was like, "why is it a 'her?'" And I informed him that it was inappropriate for me to be riding a "him" for two days straight plus training. At least, that "him."

Ahem.

So, yeah! I got a new bike today! Happy dance.

--

Pssst... 20% of your Blogs by Mandy order goes to the MS Society. Even better? 100% of your donation to my ride goes to the MS Society. Also, then I don't have to do any work. You know, besides all the pedaling.
blog comments powered by Disqus