Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A good day

Today is March 3. March 3 is a great day for the Hornbuckles.

On March 3, 2007, Jack asked me to be his wife. Obviously, I kind of enjoyed that. Since I said "yes" and all. (And this was the day I started blogging! You're welcome, internet.)

On March 3, 2008, I started my job at the company where I work. Since then, I've learned a ridiculous amount more than I knew before and formed some wonderful friendships with my co-workers.

March 3, 2009 wasn't anything spectacular, but I did make a diaper cake and see a nice sunset, so I can't complain too much about that.

March 3, 2010? Well, I'm not sure what it has in store for me yet. Since it's just starting and all. Good things, I hope.

But one thing I do know is that it has good things in store for you.

I'm sure you know by now that I've become fond of digital scrapbooking. Well, in the last couple of days, I've become even MORE fond of digital scrapbooking templates. Oh, the convenience. They are so very nice. I was afraid of them at first, but after reading this tutorial, I realized how very, very easy they really are. Just put the paper/photo on top of the layer you want to replace it with, give it a Control+G, and you're done! I can literally make pages using templates in minutes. Beautiful.

So the next step was to actually design a template for you to use. There are quite a few page design templates out there, but I have yet to see blog header templates. So I'm going to start making them. Why not? Then, you can use them to make your own super-cool headers!

Here's my first one:

And guess what! You can download it for free here! Yes, I know. I am so very, very, generous. Yay, me! (har har har).

But wait! That's not all!!

For those of you who want a pretty blog but don't feel like designing it/learning how to design it yourselves, I have some exciting news.

I design blogs!!

I know. You all knew that already. But what you might not have known is that next week (March 8-14) is MS Awareness Week. Not aware of what MS is? Then it's a good thing we have a whole week to tell you, isn't it?

MS stands for Multiple Sclerosis, and my mom has it. Every year, I ride BikeMS to raise money for the National MS Society, which helps people with MS and funds really important research for treating, and hopefully curing MS.

Know what else is next week? My birthday. You'd think I'd have some shame and not bluntly throw it out there like that, but the fact is that I freaking love my birthday. I take the entire month for it. What's not to like? There are presents! People I like come to see me! People write on my Facebook wall! I GET ATTENTION! (I know, you're shocked. I like attention and presents. Sue me.)

And you know what I like for my birthday? I like donations to my BikeMS ride. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy and makes all the work Lucy and I are going to do in May worth it. (And trust me when I tell you that it takes a lot to make that worth it.)

This post is getting long, so I'm going to cut to the chase and give you some simple math here:

National MS Awareness week
+ Mandy's birthday week
+ Liking donations for my BikeMS ride
+ Designing Blogs
 = 100% of the profits for next week's blog orders going straight to the MS Society.

That's right. Anything you order between now and March 14 goes straight to the MS Society. In fact, when you order, I'll have you just make the donation straight to my donation page, and it will even be tax deductible for you. A TAX DEDUCTIBLE BLOG DESIGN! WEEEEE!

So please visit the order form and order your new blog! Now.

I mean, I don't mean to be pushy, but yeah. Do it now.

(By the way, if you don't want a new blog design, you can still donate. Just sayin'. It is my birthday and all.)
blog comments powered by Disqus