Friday, March 5, 2010

A non-ranty Awana story

Yesterday at game time, I told the girls that at Awana Games (the big multi-church Awana competition), the rule was that if they crossed the red line while the game was going on, our team would be disqualified for that round.

One of the little girls, H, really took the rule to heart and not only followed it religiously, but also policed the toes of others on the team.

"Ms. Mandy! K just crossed the line!" she pointed out, urgently.

"That's okay. It's really hard to remember not to cross the line, and that's why we practice. We're going to make mistakes sometimes," I replied with a smile.

"You know what we need?" H said, thoughtfully.

"What's that?" I asked.

"You should bring a laser. And set it up along the red line. And when people cross the line, it could like, shock them." she suggested.

I stiffled a laugh.

"That's a very interesting idea," I said "but I'm fresh out of child-electroshocking lasers."

"Too bad," she replied. "It could be really effective."
blog comments powered by Disqus