Saturday, April 24, 2010

What are you wearing?

Today was my good friend's baby shower. It's what I made the diaper cake for. Fortunately, I wasn't hosting it, because I spent the whole night with a fever waking up at least every hour with a horrible headache, body aches, and a terribly sore throat. It seems like strep so far, but I'm waiting it out, hoping it's just a bug. Needless to say, I didn't get to go to the shower. Big bummer.

Last night, before I got the fever, I was thinking about texting my friend Sarah, who was going to the baby shower with me, and asking her what she was going to wear so I would have an idea of what to wear too. It reminded me of the last time I did that.

"What are you wearing tonight?" I texted my friend Erin a few hours before our work Christmas party back in December. A few minutes later, I got a text back.

"Um... Pants and a shirt. I don't know. I'm a guy," I read in response.

And then I realized... I hadn't texted my female friend, Erin, I had texted "what are you wearing tonight?" to my married male boss, Eric.

And so I headed to monster.com, because really, how do you recover from that text, exactly?

Just kidding. I explained what happened and I'm pretty sure he (or his wife) didn't hold it against me. Hard to say. My annual review is next week; we'll see if the subject of sexual harassing text messages comes up then.
blog comments powered by Disqus