Saturday, May 22, 2010

It takes a secure man to make a joke like that with a stranger

Tonight at Blockbuster, Jack and I were looking at the movies when a man and his kid walked past us toward the restroom. When the man got to the door, he opened it and turned around and looked in our direction.

"Jack! Come on!" he called out.

Jack and I both looked up at him, startled, then at each other. Surely this man didn't want my husband to join him in the bathroom. Also, how the heck did he know his name?

Suddenly, we saw a three-year-old little boy toddle past us toward the man at the restroom door.

Jack and I busted out laughing and the man looked back at us, puzzled. We explained to him that that was also "my" Jack's name, and he chuckled.

"What, Jack, you still haven't told your wife?" the man responded, without skipping a beat.
blog comments powered by Disqus